Stage 2 Re-opening- Monday 9th November
We are pleased to announce that subject to confirmation from the Victorian Government on Sunday 8th November announcing the easing of restrictions, we will be re-opening the Gym, Pool, Learn to Swim, Squads and Group Fitness Classes on Monday 9th November.
Due to the current restrictions, we will be opening with a change of operating hours, limited numbers and bookings are essential to avoid disappointment.
As we have done this before, we hope that you will feel comfortable in knowing what to expect as we continue to re-open over the coming weeks. We ask that you please follow all hygiene regulations when visiting our Centre.
MEMBERSHIPSAt this time of restricted usage, all Health Club memberships will remain on free suspension until we are advised by you that you wish to re-activate your membership. Details on how to reactivate your membership are outlined in the below.
LEARN TO SWIM
All students are resuming in their existing class days, times and levels. The Aquatics team will assess and confirm that they are in the correct level within the first few weeks, acknowledging that some progression/regression may have occurred since their last lesson.
GETTING YOU BACK TO FITNESS
To help reduce the spread of COVID-19, you will see health and safety changes in our centre. These changes have been put in place to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our members and staff.
If you are feeling unwell or if you have come into contact in the proceeding 14 days with any confirmed cases of COVID-19 do not attend the Centre.
OUR MEMBERSHIPS AND PASSES
Health Club and Aquatic Memberships will remain on free suspension until further notice.
If you wish for your membership to be reinstated, please click here
Multi-Visit passes and Casual visits can be purchased upon entry via Tap & Go where possible.
Our amenities will be available for showers & changing however, where possible we encourage you to shower at home to help reduce your time spent at the facility. We recommend you bring adequate dry clothes to help you be as comfortable as possible once you finish your swimming or gym session and head home to shower and change.
Please note the following other changes to our facilities:
Water fountains will only be accessible to refill water bottles - no bubbler access. Please bring a full water bottle with you.
Some gym and group fitness equipment may be unavailable for use to allow for social distancing rules.
Lockers will not be available for use at this time.
COVID-19 Contact Tracing Attendance QR Register.
When visiting Aquarena, ALL patrons (staff, customers, casuals, members, contractors) must please utilise the QR code to register your attendance each time. This is in addition to scanning your membership card.
If you require assistance our friendly team are available to assist.
Bookings will need to be made in advance to avoid disappointment. Following social distancing rules and the state regulations, we are limited to the number of people in each room and classes as well as the venue overall.
In the interest of public safety, walk-ins will not be available.
Monday to Friday: 6am-8pm
Saturday: 7am - 1pm
Sunday: 8am - 1pm
Note varying facilities have different operating hours, please refer to booking website for available session times for each facility
ACCESS TO OUR HEALTH CLUB
Access is available as follows:
Gym (cardio & weights) are accessible with social distancing and additional cleaning in place
A maximum of 10 people will be permitted in the gym at any one time based on prescribed government guidelines.
Gym sessions will be booked as a 45-minute session. This allows 15-minutes for members to exit the gym prior to the next session commencing.
Visitors MUST bring 2 towels to train, 1 to use as a barrier and 1 to use for perspiration.
All sessions must be booked in advance.
All equipment must be wiped over before and after use - you will find wipes in Centre.
Note: Gym sessions will run for 45-minutes. Please arrive 5-minutes prior to your booked time. You will need to be marked off by a customer service officer and receive your wrist band for entry. Please finish your gym session and exit the centre within the allocated time.
ACCESS TO OUR GROUP FITNESS CLASSES
Group fitness classes will operate with social distancing rules in place with a maximum of 10 people per class. Outdoor Group Fitness Sessions will continue to run, see the full timetable on the booking site below.
Each person will be required to bring 2 towels or a mat and a towel, one to use as a barrier and one to use for perspiration. You must wipe down all equipment before and after use.
All classes must be booked in advance.
ACCESS TO OUR POOL
Swimming will be available as follows:
- Lap swimming will be available with a maximum of 20 patrons per pool (indoors) and 50 per pool (outdoors)
- The Warm Water Pool will be open for rehabilitation and gentle exercise
- Spa, Sauna and Steam Room remain closed
- Water play area remains closed
- Waterslides remain closed
- All sessions must be booked in advance
Bookings are required to ensure you do not miss out.
Note: Your aquatic session will run for 45-minutes. Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your booked time. You will need to be marked off by a customer service officer at which point you will receive a wrist band for entry. After 45-minutes please finish your swim and exit the centre within the allocated time.
ACCESS TO OUR AQUA CLASSES
Our Aqua classes will operate with social distancing rules in place. Each class will be limited to 10 participants.
No equipment will be used in classes.
All classes must be booked in advance
LEARN TO SWIM
CHANGES TO HOW WE RUN YOUR LESSON
- No equipment will be used for the first 5 minutes of each class to ensure adequate cleaning from the previous class.
- No equipment will be shared during the class.
- We are undertaking extra cleaning of facilities and equipment.
- Our Infants classes will have some changes made to times and capacity limits to help us follow social distancing regulations.
- Teachers have been retrained to use minimal contact where possible.
- All facility team members including all teachers have undertaken Infection control training.
- We have amended certain classes to reduced capacity to comply with social distancing regulations.
- Please come dressed ready to swim, to minimise your time spent within the centre.
- All students and members must sign in at reception upon entry using the QR code scanner and membership card/ wristband.
- Parents can attend to watch lessons but we ask you to limit the number to 1 caregiver at a time.
- All parents and caregivers must wear a mask when in the facility.
- After lesson swimming will not be available in the pool due to capacity restrictions.
- We ask you to please follow the directions of the staff, as the centre has a capacity limit at all times.
- You will see a Hygiene Officer on deck during lesson times
- We have moved our chairs and benches following social distancing rules.
- You will notice Sanitisation stations throughout the centre.
UPDATES & CHANGES TO OUR CENTRE
Our Centre teams have been busy cleaning and preparing for a re-start of programs and re-opening. This means we have taken strict actions to ensure a high standard of environmental cleaning and providing adequate quantities of hand sanitiser or handwashing facilities in prominent places.
In addition, you will find some big changes on-site when we re-open. These changes have been put in place to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our members and staff.
WEAR A MASK FOR YOU AND ME
Following Government regulations face masks or covering must be worn by all visitors and staff in our Centre. For the safety of our staff and members, we are able to refuse entry to visitors not wearing a face covering (unless for a medical reason).
Your face mask or covering must be worn at all time except when in the pool, exercising or drinking.
A face mask MUST be worn at all times unless you are exercising where you are out of breath or puffing (treadmills and cardio). A face mask must be worn when doing light exercise (weights, yoga, walking etc).
When exercising we ask that you please carry a face mask on you at all times - where practical, in the pool, we understand this cannot happen. But we ask you to please wear your face mask to the change rooms and in or out of the centre.
Please note: A face covering needs to cover both your nose & mouth and be either a cloth or surgical mask.
Even with a mask, please keep 1.5 metres distance between you and others.
WHO NEEDS TO WEAR A MASK?
- All our staff who are not teaching or instructing
- All members/visitors over the age of 12 years, unless you have a medical condition or are exercising
When exercising, please carry a mask with you at all times, where practical.